- Tall Guns now carries RATS - Rapid Application Tourniquet System. Price is $15.95 in Black, Red or Orange. EDCs are $4.00. Buying a RATS and EDC together you get a $1.00 discount. (04/2018)
- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Utah and Wyoming Concealed Carry Course
Our Utah and Wyoming Concealed Carry course combines our Utah and Wyoming course. It meets the requirements of Utah and Wyoming state regulations and legislation. We first teach the Utah module and then the Wyoming module. This is not an NRA course. This course is scheduled as two separate and distinct classes ranging in total duration of 7 to 7.5 hours but could be longer depending upon questions and extended subjects.
This course is designed around the student whom has previous handgun handling experience. During the course of the class we will work with the student to assure that the fundamental firearms handling and safety knowledge exist.
We will teach the student the necessary topics and techniques required by each of the states in order to apply for and hopefully be approved for the privilege to possess a Utah and/or Wyoming Concealed Weapons permit.
The course curriculum includes but is not limited to the following:
- How a pistol and revolver function
- Ammunition function, identification and self-defense choices
- Holstering options
- Cleaning, inspection and storage
- Issues of Liability
- Escalation of force
- Tall Guns Basic situational awareness and avoidance
- Law Enforcement Interaction Guidance
- Application and Issuance Process and Regulations for both Colorado and Utah
- Utah laws and regulations (see our Utah course syllabus)
- Wyoming laws and regulations (see our Wyoming course syllabus)
- Federal Firearms Regulations
- State Reciprocity
- Course of Fire using the IES Use of Force Simulator
For Utah permit
- Fingerprint service on blue FBI card
- Photograph service in Passport Size
- Mail submission service of applicaiton package to issuing agency
By the end of the course the student will have received:
- a certificate of course completion
all the course materials:
- course workbook over 110 pages
- application checklist (for Utah and Wyoming)
- actual application package (for Utah and Wyoming)
- reference materials from various manufacturers
a CD containing: (in e-book or Adobe PDF format)
- over 99 pages of US Firearms Code
- with over 38 pages Wyoming Revised Statutes
- with over 51 pages Minimum Training Requirements Guidelines from the State of Utah
- with over 15 pages of Utah Administrative Rules
- with over 31 pages Utah Criminal and Traffic Code related to CFP
- the current Utah non-resident reciprocity maps
- the current Wyoming resident reciprocity maps
- Holstering Options
- published booklet "Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States" a $14.95 value
- a gift certificate for one day use of an indoor state of the art shooting facility in Loveland, Colorado a $20.00 value.
Within 5 days of the class completion you will receive:
- contact information for an attorney to represent you in case of an event involving law enforcement
- discount offerings for other Tall Guns services
- addition to the Tall Guns License Renewal Reminder system.